First, let’s take a quick look at the “criteria” of an EDC FAK:
- Compact (must be able to fit in a normal-sized pants pocket)
- Lightweight (less than 4 oz.)
- Capable of treating common injuries/illnesses (minor cuts and scrapes, minor burns, headaches, etc.)
- Capable of treating major injuries/illnesses (bleeding, allergic reactions, etc.)
- Rugged (must have some level of water-resistance)
Now, with those requirements in mind, let’s dive into the ingredients that will make up this powerful (but small!) first-aid kit.